The Itr included in the umrah kits can be used anytime after the state of Ihram, specially during visit to Madinah Munawwarah. Please remember not to use the itr while in Ihram.
The itr gives a unique sense of purity and helps elevating the level of concentration in Ibadah. It is one of the most loved sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him)
Some Sunnah of ‘Itr
1. It is Sunnah to apply ‘Itr on the hair and beard.
2. Applying ‘Itr at night and before Friday prayers is a Sunnah.
3. One should not refuse ‘Itr when offered by another Muslim brother.
4. To use ‘Itr of Raihan and ‘Ud is Sunnah.
5. Women should not use ‘Itr or any perfumes.
6. One should not use a fragrance that contains unlawful ingredient or alcohol.
7. To burn ‘Ud and Camphor is a Sunnah.
Spending on Itr:
‘Hazrat Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) used to say that, ‘Whoever spends a third of his wealth on ‘Itr is not being extravagant.’